My Vet’s the Best Official Rules 2017
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: My Vet’s the Best (“Contest”) is open only to U.S. legal residents who are at least eighteen (18) years of age as of April 5, 2017. Employees of Pets Best Insurance, and its parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (mother, father, sister, brother, husband, wife, daughter, son, step-father, step-mother, step-daughter, step-son, step-brother, step-sister, half-brother, half-sister) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void outside the United States and where prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualification of winner. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor/Administrator: Pets Best Insurance Services, LLC. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Contest shall be directed to Sponsor and not Facebook.
3. Timing: The last day to enter the Contest (round #1) is April 5, 2017. The Contest (round #1) begins on May 4, 2017 at 8:00am Mountain Standard Time ("MST") and ends on May 11, 2017 at 11:59pm MST (the "Promotion Period"). The last day to enter the Contest (round #2) is October 8, 2017. The Contest (round #2) begins on November 9, 2017 at 8:00am Mountain Standard Time (“MST”) and ends on November 16, 2017 at 11:59pm MST (the “Promotion Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest. By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these “Official Rules” and the decisions of the Sponsor, including the interpretation of these Official Rules and its exercise of discretion, which will be final and binding in all respects. There is (1) one method of entry for this Contest.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, complete the online submission form at www.facebook.com/petsbestinsurance or www.petsbest.com/forms/nominate-my-veterinarian. Stories may be duplicated in whole or in part on the Pets Best website (www.petsbest.com) and Facebook Page at the discretion of the Pets Best Marketing Team. Limit one (1) entry per pet. Information collected from entrant via the entry form will only be used to confirm nomination submission, notify the winner and notify nominated veterinarians and clinics. All entries become the property of Pets Best and will not be returned.
5. Winner Selection: Two times during the 2017 calendar year, six finalists will be chosen by the Pets Best Marketing Team. The public will be invited to vote on the six finalists. The voting method and timeframe will be announced on the Pets Best Insurance Facebook page, Twitter page and website. The finalist with the most votes will be declared the winner.
6. Contest Prize: The pet owner who submitted the winning story will receive a $200 gift check. The veterinarian or veterinary hospital nominated in the winning story will receive $1,000 to be used toward the veterinary treatment of a stray animal/s, or toward the treatment of animal/s whose owner cannot afford to pay for necessary veterinary care (“Rainy Day” Fund). The winning veterinarian/veterinary hospital will be requested to report how the prize money was used; reports may be used in press releases or other marketing materials. In December 2017, all veterinarian finalists for the year will be considered by a panel of Pets Best judges, and one will be selected as the Grand Prize Winner.
The Grand Prize Winner will receive free airfare, hotel accommodations and conference registration for two (2) to the Western Veterinary Conference (WVC) in Las Vegas, Nevada on March 4 – 8, 2018. Roundtrip coach airfare and standard room accommodations will be provided for up to four (4) night stay between the dates March 4 and March 8, 2017 at one WVC negotiated hotel. Accommodations are based on availability. No transfers or room upgrades permitted.
Winner is responsible for all travel-related expenses not expressly stated in the prize description, including, without limitation, meals, beverages, gratuities, ground transportation, parking, taxes and surcharges. No substitution, transfer, or assignment of prize permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event an offered prize is unavailable or the Grand Prize Winner cannot attend Western Veterinary Conference 2015. This prize will expire on June 1, 2016. This prize has no cash value any unused portion will not be given in cash. Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $3,200. Federal, state and local taxes on the prizes are solely the responsibility of the winner.
Entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Pets Best which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Promotion. This Promotion is governed by the laws of the United States. By entering the Promotion, participants release and hold harmless Pets Best Insurance Services, LLC, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents from any and all liability or any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Promotion.
If notified winner is not eligible, forfeits prize or declines prize, there will be no alternate winner. Winning veterinarians/veterinary hospitals will be contacted via telephone. If Grand Prize Winner is not eligible, forfeits prize or declines prize, the nominated veterinarian with the second-most number of votes will become the Grand Prize Winner.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, Inc., Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, image and/or biographical information and statements for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in perpetuity, in any media known and hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval by the Winner and those acting under Sponsor’s authority.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, if it is possible. If the Contest, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for Idaho; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Idaho without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Idaho or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Idaho.
12. Winner List: For a winner list, visit www.facebook.com/petsbest. The winner list will be posted on Pets Best’s Facebook page after winner confirmation is complete. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Pets Best Insurance Services, LLC, and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for administering the Contest.