2020 Petfort Raffle Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO PLAY OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: The Raffle (the “Sweepstakes”) is open and offered to legal residents of the United States (including D.C and other Territories), aged 18 or older as of the date of entry (“Eligible Entrants”), and who attend the Petfort event in Boise, ID from March 21st 12:00pm - 4:00pm MST 2020 (the “Event”). The following are not eligible to participate: employees and their families of Synchrony Bank, Pet’s Best Insurance Services, LLC (“Sponsor”), each of their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and Sweepstakes Exhibitors. By entering, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Entrants from organizations which prohibit or restrict participation in promotions such as these are not eligible to participate. Entrants are responsible for confirming with their organization any policies or restrictions concerning participation in sweepstakes and similar programs. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry if it concludes that the entrant has tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or has acted in violation of the Official Rules or any applicable federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
2. Promotional Period: Sweepstakes begins on March 21st, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (“MST”) and ends on March 21st, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. MST (the “Promotional Period”).
3. Sponsor: Pet’s Best Insurance Services, LLC, 2323 S. Vista Ave, Ste 100, Boise ID 83705 (“Sponsor”).
4. Entry: During the Sweepstakes Period, each Eligible Entrant may visit the Pets Best table and receive a ticket to enter. One ticket will be kept by Pets Best and the other ticket will be kept by the entrant. (“Entry”). Limit one chance to win opportunity per person during the Promotional Period.
5. Random Drawing, Odds and Winner Notification: Sponsor will conduct a random drawing on or about March 21st, 2020 from among all Eligible Entries received to select six (6) winners. Approximate odds of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entrants.
Drawing will be conducted and administered by Sponsor, whose decision is final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Must be present to win. If selected winner is not present it will result in disqualification and alternate selection will be made. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
All wins are subject to verification.
6. Prize and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): Six (6) first prizes, each consisting of one Treefort music pass, ARV $175 per prize; ARV of all prizes is $1,050. Each eligible winner selected and present at the drawing will receive one ticket to the event. All applicable federal, state and local taxes are the responsibility of the winner.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions are permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion of prize) of equal or greater value, if prize, or portion of prize, becomes unavailable. No cash redemption of prizes, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. General Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Eligible Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use winner's name and/or likeness for internal purposes without further compensation, for a winners list, unless prohibited by law. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Entries become the property of the Sponsor. The Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Sweepstakes or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Sweepstakes. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to bugs, tampering, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and determine the applicable winners prior to such cancellation. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other error in printing of the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes or announcement of the prizes.
8. Release: Sweepstakes entrants release, defend, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, legal advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all losses, costs, damages, injuries, claims, liabilities, and actions of any kind in connection with or participation in the Sweepstakes or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death or property damage, claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy and claims based on or from any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Sweepstakes activity and/or Prize). Sweepstakes entrants agree that Released Parties shall have no responsibility or liability for human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of registration and/or account information; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider utilized by Sponsor; interruption or inability to access the Website, or Sponsor or affiliated entities’ respective websites, or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of a Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, viruses, bugs, defects; and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of the Sponsor. Released Parties are not responsible for any late, lost, incomplete, illegible, stolen, undelivered, misdirected or postage-due entries or applications, or for any computer, technical, printing, typographical, human or other error, including, without limitation, errors by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or which may occur in the printing, the offering or announcing of prizes, administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries of any kind relating to or in connection with this Sweepstakes.
Each sweepstakes entrant further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any and all liability resulting or arising from any Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Released Parties and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a supplier of such prize that may be sent along with a prize. Sponsor is not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with any Sweepstakes, including entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of a Sweepstakes.
Entrants further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. Entrants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
9. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND TO DISQUALIFY SUCH ENTRANT FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. IN ADDITION, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PERMANENTLY DISQUALIFY ANY PERSON IT BELIEVES HAS INTENTIONALLY VIOLATED THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
Each winner acknowledges that no other party nor any agent or attorney of any other party has made any promise, representation or warranty whatsoever, express or implied, not contained herein concerning the subject matter hereof, to induce the winner to execute any document and winners acknowledge that they have not executed any document in reliance on any such promise, representation or warranty not contained herein. Any waiver by the Sponsor and its affiliates of any term of any document in a particular instance shall not be a waiver of such term for the future. Each winner agrees that the invalidity or enforceability of any part of any document shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any of the remainder of that document.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/GOVERNING LAW: EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; AND (2) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. EACH ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES THEIR RIGHT TO CONTEST JURISDICTION FOR ANY SUCH DISPUTE OR CLAIM. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Utah, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Utah or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Utah.
11. Disputes: EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZES AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE APPROPRIATE STATE OR FEDERAL COURT LOCATED IN UTAH; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS GIVEAWAY BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. EACH ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES HIS/HER RIGHT TO GIVEAWAY JURISDICTION FOR ANY SUCH DISPUTE OR CLAIM. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Utah, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Utah or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Utah.
12. Winners List: For names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, to: Synchrony c/o 2020 Petfort Raffle Winners, 2323 S. Vista Ave suite 100 Boise, ID 83705 Attn: Megan Kinch, between March 23rd – April 23rd, 2020.
ABBREVIATED RULES (FOR MARKETING MATERIALS)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to Petfort Attendees who are legal residents of the 50 United States, D.C. and U.S. Territories, 18 years and older. Void where prohibited. For Official Rules visit https://www.petsbest.com/official-rules.