Pets Best Career Opportunities
The team at Pets Best is made up of pet owners and pet lovers. We work every day to protect the unbreakable bond between people and their pets and want every pet parent to be able to afford the best veterinary care available!
If you are interested in joining our team please e-mail your resume to Sharon Kimball at firstname.lastname@example.org or check for job postings below.
Director of Compliance (Boise, ID)
Ensures company compliance with all state and federal laws as well as adherence to company contracts.
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures to ensure the company is meeting all state and federal statutes as well as its contractual obligations.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops and works with management to implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Provides guidance, support, and input to all departments to ensure the company is meeting all state and federal statutes as well as its contractual obligations, including the review of marketing materials.
- Develop responses to and manages all inquiries and complaints from state Departments of Insurance, carriers, federal authority, and independent business rating agencies. Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep management informed of all such activities.
- When related to compliance matters, works with management and legal counsel to respond to attorney demand letters, vendor demand letters, and lawsuits (small claims or otherwise).
- Works with management, marketing and sales to research and offer new plans, features, and benefit options.
- Follow policies, procedures and systems as necessary to increase productivity, quality and effectiveness
- Works closely with the underwriting carrier to:
- Define and ensure compliance with all contractual terms and agreements; and
- Review and provide input on current and future filings with state Departments of Insurance
- Works with management to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Monitors and provides updates to management regarding relevant state code changes.
- Provides compliance oversight and direction to the company as a whole. No direct supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience as a compliance / contracts manager, or comparable experience, in the Property & Casualty (P&C) insurance field
- 3+ years of experience in P&C insurance, to include working with rate and form filings
- Direct experience with insurance company operations
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong analytical and strategic-thinking skills
- Ability to solve complex, technical and business problems
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and objectives
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Strong dispute resolution skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, decisive, and accountable
- Results oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills and professionalism
- Excellent oral and writeen communication skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- Preferred: Experience working in a state Department of Insurance reviewing and approving P&C rate and filing forms
- Preferred: 3+ years of pet health insurance industry experience