Filing claims is easy and convenient, and most are processed within 2 - 5 business days when submitted with complete paperwork and medical records aren't needed. We even offer free direct deposit reimbursement - sign up today in your Customer Account!
Observe waiting periods
Once enrolled, accident coverage begins in 3 days. Illness coverage and BestWellness™ routine care coverage, if purchased, become effective 14 days from the policy start date.
Fill out a claim form
First, download a claim form, fill in the necessary information and sign it. Our form is in PDF format, which requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. We can also fax or email one to you.
File within 180 days
All claims must be filed within 180 days of the date of service. Even if you’re not expecting reimbursement, please file your claims promptly so we can apply any eligible payments toward your deductible.
Include original paid invoices
If submitting by mail, please keep copies for your records. Please note: We cannot accept estimates or unpaid invoices as proof of payment.
Submit online, by fax or standard mail
1. Scan the documents, log in to your Customer Account and upload the file(s), or
2. Fax the documents to 866-777-1434, or
3. Mail the documents to:
Pets Best Claims
2323 S. Vista Ave. #100
Boise, Idaho 83705
For faster payment, sign up now for our free direct deposit service.
Ensure quick turnaround of your pet insurance claim
To avoid delays in processing your claim, please be sure to do the following:
- Sign your claim form.
- Ask a staff member at your veterinary hospital to help you complete the diagnosis and veterinarian notes section of your claim form.
- Include your itemized invoice.
- Attach proof of payment, such as a credit card receipt or a copy of the cleared check.
- Please do not highlight anything on your documents. This can make them unreadable after scanning or faxing.
In some cases, we may need to request medical records from your veterinarian to process your claim. This may add a few days to the claim process, but we are constantly working to process your claim as quickly as possible.
Common filing mistakes
Common mistakes that may slow your claim processing include:
- Forgetting to include a claim form when filing online
- Forgetting to send the invoice or proof of payment
- Forgetting to include diagnosis
- Forgetting to sign the claim form
- Accidentally covering the invoice with a receipt when faxing, scanning or photocopying
Questions about filing a pet insurance claim?
If you have any questions about how to file a claim, please contact Pets Best Customer Care at email@example.com, or call our toll-free number, 1-877-738-7237 ext. 1, Monday through Friday between 7 am and 7 pm and Saturday 10 am to 2 pm, Mountain Time.