Rescuers save 7 cats and dogs after house catches on fire
Posted on March 4, 2010 under Industry News
Firemen rushed to a house in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, after a home caught on fire in the middle of the afternoon when a heat lamp inside a dog house caused the flames.
While the Ford family was not home at the time of the incident, the family’s seven pets were all in danger, according to Nashville NBC affiliate, WSMV. The firemen assessed the situation and got to work ensuring all of the animals got out safely, much to the gratitude of the Ford family.
"Our family couldn’t be replaced. Our animals couldn’t be replaced," homeowner Carla Ford told the news provider.
According to the Daily News Journal, even a Federal Express worker saw there was trouble and managed to pull one of the pets to safety.
The four dogs and three cats are all said to be in good pet health, and are under the care of neighbors as the Ford’s try to put their lives back together. The Red Cross is currently assisting the family with finding a place to stay.