Man’s best friend swallows a girl’s best friend

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

The Golden Retriever swallowed a diamond worth $20KWhile it may be a dog eat dog world out there, one jeweler was not expecting his Golden Retriever to eat a three-carat diamond.

George Kaufman, the co-owner of Robert Bernard Jewelry, brought his pet Golden Retriever, Soli, to the store as usual one day in January, according to the New York Daily News. Kaufman was examining a three-carat stone that was brought in by a diamond dealer when he accidently dropped the jewel.

Kaufman and his partner, Robert Rosin, watched helplessly as Soli ran over to the gem and swallowed it. The jewelers quickly bought the dog to the local veterinarian to find out what they could do to retrieve the stone.

"The dealer saw him eat it," Rosin told "We said, What do we do? Get an X-ray? Call the vet?"

The vet told the men to ensure that nothing would happen to jeopardize the dog’s health, they should just wait for the gem to pass naturally. Both Kaufman and Rosin breathed a sigh of relief when the gem reappeared three days later.ADNFCR-2720-ID-19670249-ADNFCR

Related Article:  Does pet health insurance pay for itself?

Protect your loved ones with Pet Insurance!