It’s a bird, it’s a flame?it’s a Fireman!

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

Fire hits an Oregon pet storeFirefighters rushed to the rescue of birds, reptiles, dogs and other pets in an Oregon pet store after responding to an early-morning fire on Friday.

Though the firemen evacuated a large number of the animals and hurried some to a nearby veterinary animal clinic, unfortunately, not all of the would-be pets survived.

Just before 3 a.m. Friday, a fire broke out at the Zany Zoo pet shop in Eugene, Oregon. Glenn Petter, spokesperson for the Eugene Fire Department said he believed the blaze to be caused by a grouping of overloaded electrical circuits, KVAL reports. The fire likely started in the reptile room, which was fit with devices providing intense heat and light to the animals.

On the bright side, the firefighters were able to save more than two-third of the animals, and no puppies died in the fire.
"We were able to rescue a large number of birds, rodents, reptiles, puppies, cats and they [were all transported] to the vet emergency clinic that’s just about two blocks away," Eugene fire chief Mark Grover told KMTR reporters.

Damage to the building is estimated at $100,000, with $25,000 in lost property.

The blaze comes as a reminder that pet insurance plans are available to ensure that animals remain safe, with a limited expense to animal-loving households.

Related Article:  $100 Million in Claims Paid - Customer Story

Protect your loved ones with Pet Insurance!