Family escapes house fire thanks to barking dog

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

A family's Shih Tzu saved their lives by alerting them of a fireWhen Oscar Segovia and his family were asleep on an early Sunday morning, they were annoyed when Scooter, their 1-year-old Shih Tzu, wouldn’t stop barking, the Miami Herald reported.

Segovia said that although Scooter often barked, he always quieted down after awhile. When the Segovia’s finally arose, they found a car in their driveway had caught fire and quickly spread to the attic of their home.

Because Scooter woke them up during the fire, the family was able to escape safely while firefighters put out the flames. Although no one was harmed in the fire, the Segovias, now homeless, are looking to identify the specific cause of the fire.

“This car has been parked in the same place since 9:30 last night,” Segovia told ABC Action News. “…I don’t know how to explain it.”ADNFCR-2720-ID-19705351-ADNFCR

Related Article:  Pets Aren't Washing Machines

Protect your loved ones with Pet Insurance!