Dog saves family from carbon monoxide

Posted on January 29, 2010 under Amazing Pet News

The bulldog woke up Mark, which made him realize his family was in danger of carbon monoxide poisoningA pet dog wanting to go outside may have inadvertently saved an entire family’s lives. French bulldog Stu was visiting Tim and Mary Kay Mark with his owners for a birthday party.

Throughout the night, Mark’s wife had begun to feel ill, according to the Herald Argus. When Stu started whining to go outside, Mark went to let him out and noticed he had a serious headache.

Mark has previous experience with first-time respondent training, and recalled his wife complaining of feeling sick. He figured out there might have been a carbon monoxide leak, called 911 and got his family out of the house.

Mark told the news provider that the family may have died had it not been for Stu waking him up to go outside.

"When I think about what might have happened had the kids not decided to spend the night here and Stu wouldn’t have been here whining to go outside," he said.

Stu, along with Mark’s other two dogs were all safely outside and reportedly in good dog health.ADNFCR-2720-ID-19588363-ADNFCR