Has your pet insurance policy saved you from putting a much-loved cat or dog to sleep? Or kept you from going thousands of dollars into debt to save a life? If so, you’ve probably told the story to your family, friends, neighbors, and anyone else who would listen.
Well now, that story could win you a $500 prize!
To celebrate National Pet Health Insurance Month, the North American Pet Health Insurance Association, or NAPHIA, invites you to tell them how pet health insurance has helped you when your pet was in need of medical care.
The submitted stories will be used in NAPHIA’s mission of educating pet owners about the values and benefits of pet health insurance. NAPHIA board members will review the submissions and choose one contest winner, who will receive $500.
Here are the contest details, as published on the organization’s website:
- The story must discuss pet insurance in action.
- A digital photo of the pet must also be submitted.
- All submissions must be received by September 30, 2009 at 11:59 PM EST.
- All submissions must be submitted digitally, sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Winner will be notified by October 14, 2009.
- By submitting a story and photo, you grant NAPHIA permission to publish your story and photo on their website and for other promotional purposes.
- The decision of the judges is final.
The group is also looking for stories about great veterinarians, and will award an educational grant to the winning veteran’s practice!Tags: Insurance for Pets, NAPHIA, Pet Health Insurance, Pet Insurance Online