Friday is Take Your Dog to Work Day by Pet Sitters International. For those of you who plan to show off your dog at work Pets Best, a pet insurance agency, has 10 tips to ensure canines and employees all enjoy safe and happy experiences at the workplace.
10 Tips for Taking Your Dog to Work
1. Make sure your dog can handle an office environment. If your pet has difficulty remaining confined in a calm and quiet setting for more than two hours, it may be best to leave your pet at home.
2. Ensure your coworkers are not allergic or overly sensitive to animals. You might love dogs, but someone else might fear them. It’s best to poll your co-workers before bringing a dog to the workplace.
3. Consider any obstacles or dangers that might prevent your dog from staying with you throughout the work day, including open offices, elevators, escalators, common areas, unprotected exits and heavy equipment.
4. Make bathroom plans for the dog. Seek out appropriate outdoor spots that are close to the office. Bring cleaning supplies such as sacks and stain remover if these items are not supplied by your office. It’s also important to have a plan for where to leave your dog when nature calls you.
5. Normalize the work environment for your dog. Dogs need routine and familiarity. Bring treats and toys from home. If space allows, bring a pet bed, pet gate and a water dish.Read More…